What is Top Dog Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Service?
Top Dog is a full-service, in-home, pet sitting company. The pet care professionals contracted by Top Dog travel to our clients’ homes to perform the pet sitting duties outlined by our customers.
Our clients are located primarily in Benbrook, West Fort Worth, SW Fort Worth, and the downtown and Hospital District of Fort Worth,
Zip Codes & Towns Serviced:
- Fort Worth- 76107, 76109, 76133, 76123, 76132, 76108, 76008, 76110, 76104, 76102, and 76116
- Benbrook- 76126
- White Settlement-76108
We provide three types of services:
1. In-home pet sitting:while clients are away, we visit their home 1-4 times per day to walk, feed and care for their pet/s.
2. Overnight, in-home pet service: spend the night in our client’s homes.
3. Dog walking: one visit per day, Monday through Friday, to visit and walk dogs while their owners are at work;
What is essential to work with Top Dog
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Have daily access to the Internet and the ability to communicate effectively by returning emails and phone calls promptly.
- Be familiar with the service area.
- Commit to at least 6 months.
- Be able to provide professional references.
- Submit a current background check to Top Dog
- Complete Pet First Aid Training.
- You must be able to access our mobile phone application while performing duties. (Smartphone.)
Positions with Top Dog
- Mid-Day Dog Walkers must be available to walk dogs, Monday through Friday between the hours of 11 AM & 3:00 PM. The number of dogs you’ll walk on any given day will vary based upon the clients’ schedules and when they need pet care. You must be available all of these days and all of these hours. We will not be able to consider those who are only available a few days per week or for only certain hours of the 11-3 time block.
- Pet Sitters must be available to work at least (2) weekends per month and either Thanksgiving or Christmas, Easter AND either Memorial Day or Labor Day. Pet Sitters visit our client’s home multiple times per day, therefore need to be available for AM, EVENING (4-6 PM) & LATE NIGHT (7-9 PM) visits.
Sitters contracted by Top Dog can either be classified as a Mid- Day Dog Walker, a Pet Sitter, anovernight Sitter or any combination of the three positions. This is based on your availability and what services you’re interested in offering to our Top Dog clients’.
The Top Dog service area is broken down into zip codes. Each Sitter/Walker is assigned to a specific area or areas. To start, we will plug you in where we can until you build up your book of business in your area.
We keep our sitters assignments as close to their “home base” as possible to increase their profits. The usual travel distance is 2.5 to 8 miles with a max distance of 10 miles… unless they have agreed to travel further.
Note: For overnight pet sitting assignments, sitters can travel further because their “home base” is the client’s home.
Mid-Day Walkers build their regular schedules by either inheriting the walks of another sitter who is no longer able to offer their services to Top Dog, or by adding on new clients that sign-up for service. Our regular mid-day clients retain the same “walker” until their relationship with Top Dog ends or until the walker is no longer contracted by Top Dog. Our walkers visit their same clients in their route Monday through Friday based on the clients booking schedule.
Pet Sitters are chosen as the “primary sitter” for a client by the service areas that they cover and by their availability submitted to the Top Dog database. After a sitter is assigned as the “primary sitter,” Top Dog will make every attempt to book that same sitter for the client for subsequent bookings. If the primary sitter is unavailable, then Top Dog will assign a secondary sitter to the assignment using the same protocol as explained above. A client may choose to meet with any back-up/secondary sitter, or they may choose to have a phone conversation, or they may just ask that Top Dog send the sitter without introduction.
The same protocol is followed for assigning Overnight sitters as the “primary sitter.”
While Top Dog sitters do their best to cover in cases of emergencies, this is not a job where “calling in sick” is tolerated. The pets in your care depend on you to complete your assignments and (1) no-call; no-show is cause for immediate termination of assignments.
Working as an Independent Contractor
Top Dog chooses to work with independent contractors (IC’s) to perform the pet care duties outlined by our customers. An independent contractor is someone who runs his or her own business. IC’s are able to work for many companies at the same time.
As an independent contractor you’re paid a percentage rather than an hourly rate. ul>
- 50% for each pet sitting assignment, registration meeting and pre-departure meeting.
- 50% for each premium service. Rates for these services are still being determined, but will be charged at a premium price.
- 60% for each overnight stay.
For a complete list of Services and Rates go to…https://www.topdogpetsit.net/pet-care-services
Top Dog is interested in working with IC’s who want to build a long-term relationship with our company and it’s clients. It’s not a good position for those trying to find interim work while in-between jobs or trying to “figure-out” what their next step is. Our clients come to trust their assigned Pet Nanny and appreciate it when they’re able to grow a trusted relationship with that person.
- Your percentage is 50% of every visit you make. Visits range from $15-$30. So, when Top Dog makes more money so do you!
- Your compensation for Overnight pet sitting is 60%
- Your compensation for in-home consultations is 50%.
- You’re paid on the 5th and 20th of the month by check or a direct deposit to your bank account.